Susan Stewart, MDiv., LMFT
Hi, I’m Susan, owner and director of the group.
I’m curious about almost everything and love learning new things, so Google and Amazon are dangerous for me. My favorite ways to destress are to conquer the weeds in my garden or to get outside and go for a good walk. I’m an introvert, but I enjoy finding ways to build community, because I know how important it is to have a place we belong.
The first ten plus years of my working life were devoted to becoming an EMT, then paramedic, in upstate NY. I know that helping people in some of the worst times of their lives can be so fulfilling. I also know how challenging it can be to talk about the things responders see, hear, and feel. Not many people get you.
For the last ten years I have been helping in another way, working with individuals, couples, and families in the therapy space in central PA. I work with responders, pastors (who are often responders too), and their loved ones who have trouble talking about what they’ve seen and experienced but need to. Maybe you need to because it’s messing up your relationships, maybe it’s just getting too heavy and you need a space to put it down so you can get back to being the helper you want to be.
If this sounds at all like you, send me a message. I’d love to chat.
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor, 2024
- Certified First Responder Counselor (CFRC), 2022
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP), 2022
- Certified Integrative Mental Health Provider (CIMHP), 2019
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), 2017
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Evangelical Theological Seminary, 2014