You have decided to reach out for help, but now your schedule or the distance makes it hard to find the time to help yourself. Telehealth can be a great way to get the help you want and need in a way that fits your life.
Not sure if it’s right for you? Here are some reasons to consider meeting virtually:
- Convenience – there’s no commute. Distance is not an issue* and you can work with that therapist you really like even though the office is an hour and half away.
- Comfort – meet from your favorite chair. As long as you are in a safe, private place, it doesn’t matter much where you are for the session. (Although you do need to have a good connection.)
- Confidentiality – no meeting people you might know in our waiting area. You can also choose qualified therapists who may not be part of your community, which may feel more comfortable.
- Consistency – telehealth can happen even when you (or your therapist) can’t make it to the office due to illness or weather.
- Creative scheduling – meet on your lunch hour, while you’re waiting to pick the kids up from soccer, or otherwise open spots in your day.
Per state regulations, you must be a resident of Pennsylvania (or Maryland for Susan) and meet certain other criteria in order to take advantage of this type of therapy.
If you think this might be for you, please contact us to find out more.